I know it’s been a while since my last post about my effort to change my fitness focus. Y’all gave up on me, didn’t you? Especially after that last post! The goal was to change my behavior around prioritizing fitness in my life, and ensure that I was being physically active/working out 3-5 times a week.
Well….I’m there! I did it! Three weeks in a row I’ve worked out from 3-5 times. I’m living proof that it can be done.
Some of you may be saying that it’s too early to call a victory – images of a premature “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED” banner are filling your brain. But I know — know because my attitude, and my behaviors have actually changed. Evidence:
- When someone asks to schedule a meeting on a week where I don’t have my workouts scheduled, I wait to reveal availability until I’ve blocked out the times when I’m working out.
- I like that one or another part(s) of my body hurts on any given day.
- I’ve made gym friends who expect to see me there, and ask about me when I’m not.
- I bought a new gym bag because suddenly the bag that I only had to bring out every once in a while wasn’t good enough when I was using it almost daily.
- I’m known by some people as “the girl from the gym” – awesome!
- I am past the point of “returning back to yoga” and can actually do the poses, and the instructors know my name!
- I don’t ever want to experience the pain of that first day with my trainer again, and I am doing strength training ON MY OWN.
I know I will have “dips” like I did when I was on vacation, but I now know I can come back from them, no problem. No “baby with the bathwater” here! And also, on a not so small note – it feels REALLY GOOD to prioritize myself. I’m getting used to saying no so that I can put ME first every once in a while.
So, I need to choose a new behavior to change in the upcoming months. Any votes? My original list:
- Drink more water
- Go to bed earlier
- Cut out sugar
- Work out consistently
- Meditate daily
- Go on weekly “Artist Dates”
- Write daily
- Be on time
- Be more organized
- Put myself first once daily
Tune in tomorrow for the kickoff!